Giving Thanks in 2012
As we settle in to our homes with family and friends for the coming season of Thanksgiving, we take the time to consider our blessings. We pray that the community of Central Presbyterian Church has been a blessing of joy and support for you this past year. Even with the continued difficult economic conditions, our faith is strong and we are thankful for the members and friends who have supported the mission of the church with a solid record of giving.
Last year we challenged ourselves to “Multiply our Blessings” when making a stewardship commitment. In 2011 we pause to give God thanks for our blessings, both in our personal lives and as a church community. As members and friends of Central Presbyterian, we give thanks for:
- * The gift of being able to worship in our historic sanctuary
- * The financial endowment funds established and maintained by previous generations of Central members
- * The generosity of current members, including a one-time donation enabling Central to achieve a balanced budget in 2009
- * Volunteers from our congregation who support our programs and mission activities
- * New members who have helped boost our membership and bring hope for the future with new life
Your financial support also allows us to meet the general operating expenses that are inherent to keeping our doors open. From heating the sanctuary in the winter to mailing the newsletter each month, the annual expenses of the church total $400,000. Making a stewardship pledge supports the work of Central and is one important way of giving thanks. It is an act of both gratitude and faith; gratitude for the blessings in our life, and faith that God will continue to provide for us and meet our needs. We would also encourage those who are able to make a pledge via electronic funds transfer. It’s easy, safe, and our treasurer Bill Zopfi can assist you with completing the simple form.
An easy way to send your pledge: